Tuesday, November 24, 2009

100 Day Challenge

The problem:

I am in a plateau. I have been for about 6 weeks. I am going insane and therefore not focusing on the important small steps to get myself out of the plateau. Instead I am choosing to not track my food, not work out and cry because I feel like giving up. This has been heightened by the fact that it's the holidays and I can't shake the feeling that I won't be able to lose during the holidays. It also is magnified by the fact that come January 19th, I start 16 hours of school plus 40 hours of work a week and I'm convinced I'm going to not make it and my health will be the thing that slacks.

The attack plan:

Join a 100 day challenge 3 of my spark friends are doing. We have set 5-6 goals of things to do every.single.day for the next 100 days. We are tracking these things every day and competing to see who has the most check marks. I have 6 goals, so I have 600 possible check marks to get.

The goals:

I have chosen achievable and important small steps so I can make it through the holidays, through the start of school and close to half way through the semester.

1. Drink 100 oz of water a day

2. Eat a minimum of 2 fruits and 3 veggies each day

3. No eating out unless for a special occasion (birthdays, work functions, meeting distant friends, etc)

4. At least 10 minutes of activity each day

5. Track ALL food

6. Weekly: Accomplish all weekly goals. If I miss a goal, I miss a day's checkmark. Two goals missed, two checkmarks, etc.

The reward:

We have a small reward for the group that we are still deciding on. My personal reward will be a Garmin Forerunner if I can get 90% of my checkmarks. I need 540 total.

The results:

I'm on day 2 and I am ALREADY down .8 pounds from my last low over a month ago. That means that I'm back on the low side of the 3-5 pounds I've been bouncing between and am making progress already.

THIS WILL WORK. I WILL BREAK MY PLATEAU.

1 comment:

  1. You can do it, girl! Sounds like a great plan. And a sweet reward, too! I think you can do all of those things if you put your mind to it. Just think about how hard you've worked and how far you've come!

    ReplyDelete