Monday, October 26, 2009

MIA

My apologizes on being MIA. My family was in town this weekend and I had a lot of things going on so I was not home at all!

Unfortunately, my weekend didn't go as well as I had hoped it would. I've been basically on the verge of an emotional breakdown all weekend. I realize that I should talk about it, but I'm deciding not to today because:

1. I'm an internalizer. I keep everything in (I am working on this, I promise)

2. Some of the things that happened should remain private matters

3. I don't want to exploit myself or anyone on the world wide web (remember when we called it that?)

4. I'm exhausted and frankly talked out about everything

So, staying true to my current quest of not being a negative Nancy - I will leave you with a few realizations I had this weekend. These realizations (however hard some are), are going to help me become a stronger and healthier person every day!

1. Exercise is a much better stress reducer than alcohol or food ever were for me (If only I had exercised more this weekend..)

2. Sometimes the best "vacation" is living the life you live every day. Do you notice how much more relaxed and accomplished you feel when you stay in your typical daily/weekly routine? I am always more exhausted and more stressed after a busy week/weekend/time of friends, family or traveling. Give me my normal, predictable life any day (I am SO looking forward to this week and weekend because there is nothing special planned!)

3. You are the only person that controls your life, your emotions, your happiness, your sadness, your food, your exercise and your well being. Other people can be influencers of these things, but you have the final say of how you react.

4. Always live by the golden rule: "Treat others as you want to be treated."

5. Dallas actually has healthy and fresh restaurants that are not chains and serve more food I would eat than food I wouldn't eat. I experienced this myself Saturday night when my family went to The Dream Cafe for dinner. I can't wait to go back!

6. I'm sure everyone is getting tired of my vague, strange entries and pep talks I've had with myself lately, but it's my blog and I'll pep talk myself if I want to!

More realizations to come - stay tuned for Things I love shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment