Thursday, October 22, 2009

Quick and Simple Suppers #3

Another Quick and Simple Supper.

Except, this is more Quick and Simple Supper Side Dish

I present you with: Mashed Chickpeas (aka warm hummus). This is a Rachel Ray recipe. I watched her make it once and I stored the idea in my head. Now when I make it, I just do my own thing - so feel free to look at her recipe too. I'm not sure what our differences are.

For this recipe you need the following:



  • EVOO
  • Garlic
  • Chick peas (also called garbanzo beans)
  • Chicken stock
  • Cumin (not shown)
  • Black pepper (not shown)
  • Lemon zest/juice
  • Tahini
  • Parmesan cheese (not shown)
1. Put a little EVOO in a pan and add your garlic. I grated my garlic instead of  mincing it as I've explained before. I added ~1.5 tsp of EVOO.

2. Meanwhile, drain the chick peas and give them a rinse. Then add them to a food processor and pulse them.




 
 After pulsing

3. Add chick peas to EVOO and garlic mixture. Next add chicken stock. I have no idea how much stock I added, but you want to add enough that it's a little liquid-y. As the chick peas heat up, they will absorb this liquid!




4. Next, add the following ingredients:



Black pepper (just eyeball it) and cumin - roughly 1 TBSP of cumin


Lemon zest and then the juice of the lemon


 And the tahini. Man tahini packs some calories huh! I used roughly 1.5 TBSP of tahini - I eyeballed it.



Tahini added 

5. Let this keep heating through and once the stock has been mostly absorbed and evaporated you are all done!! Now you are ready to plate and add your parmesan cheese. You definitely can add feta too, I just had parmesan on hand.




I  had this warm hummus with .75 of a breast of chicken that I baked with garlic and sundried tomatoes. I also had carmelized cabbage on the side too!



Mashed Chick Peas. I realize that looks like a ton of cheese, but it's a little over a TBSP.



Baked garlic and sundried tomato chicken with a little parmesan cheese


Carmelized cabbage

 
All together now!


Happy eating!


I forgot to mention the nutritionals on this. I made 3 servings. One serving (including the cheese) has 226 calories; 10 g of fat; 7g total fat; 3g saturated fat;  22g carbs; 12g protein; 60g potassium; 496g sodium; 7g fiber




No comments:

Post a Comment